Monday, October 6, 2008

Complimented?

Matthew: "Mom, you're a good looking Mom."

Me: Quite flattered until the conversation continues and I realize what he means is "you're good at looking for things, Mom." It was positive reinforcement he was giving me before he asked me to go find the cars he lost.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are a good looking mom too! It is however helpful to know you are good at looking for things. I'll keep that in mind for when I lose MY cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE a good looking mom. You really are. But how smart of him to prime you with compliments in order to meet his own objectives. What a smart and resourceful little guy. Who's mom, again, is good looking. :)

    p.s. Thanks for your offer to watch the kids for us to go on a trip! That would be great. Now I'll just have to convince Bryn to take me somewhere.

    ReplyDelete