Sunday, January 25, 2009

Saturday Adventure

The kids have been begging to go rock climbing at the Rec. center for a few weeks now and we finally got a chance this Saturday after Logan's basketball game. (Tom was on a snow-trip with the scouts so he'll have to come next time) Even Matthew gave it a couple tries. He reached the age qualification on his birthday last week, but he was still just under the weight limit so they had him drink water until he qualified. He was also too short to reach the first footholds so he needed a boost.

Courtney made it all the way to the top a couple of times.

Logan and Ashley kept at it making more progress each time.

You don't want to see the pictures of me. Well maybe you do. . . you'd be feeling pretty good about yourself right now if you saw how I looked from these angles :)
It was a really fun Sat. activity.
(If you live in Las Vegas check it out. I had now idea how reasonable it was at the Henderson Multigenerational Center. It's open Tues & Wed from 4-8 and Sat. from about 10-4 or so. It's $1 per climb or $3 per person per day for unlimited climbs. There weren't too many people there so all of us got several climbs in during the hour and a half we stayed. They have easy, med. & hard routes to the top.)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. that looks so cool - me and the kids will have to try that before soccer season kicks in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fun. I'm proud of you for trying! I don't know if I would be that brave. Of course it would take a long time for me to drink enough water to meet the weight requirement. :) Good job for making it to the top Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the fun suggestion--it looks like lots of fun! Did they tell Matthew he couldn't go to the bathroom in between climbs? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea that they even had a rock climbing wall. Thanks for sharing. Glad the kids had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete