Friday, January 30, 2009

It's. . . . . the birthday boy!


It always takes me forever to get around to the blog, but Matthew turned 5 last week. I can't believe our youngest is 5! I will really miss him when he goes to kindergarten next year. It will be too quiet without him.
He celebrated his birthday by going to lunch at Chuck E. Cheese with a few of his friends.

Here he is wearing the preschool birthday hat.

A few things about Matthew at 5 years:
*He is totally and completely obsessed with all things Star Wars. He has a Star Wars figure or two in hand most of the time.
*Matthew LOVES going to preschool.
*He is a very affectionate boy.
*He's in a phase where he thinks it's hillarious to joke about kissing. Especially on the lips.
*He tells me, "you're so cute, Mom" several times a day.
*He takes his shoes and socks off everytime we get in the car, first thing. So if we are running several errands he has to put them back on again everytime we stop.
*His favorite way to get in the van is to climb through the trunk.
*He was reverent in sacrament meeting 2 weeks ago. I don't remember the last time that happened. Usually he is in his own imaginary lightsaber battle world complete with sound effects throughout the whole meeting.
*He has night-terrors almost guaranteed when he gets overtired.
*His favorite lunch--Nachos & salsa (this if definately Tom's son)
*Doesn't care much for breakfast or dinner--would rather scrounge the house to find candy or a bag of marshmellows when I'm not looking inbetween meals instead.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. love that cute expression of him in his birthday hat - and it's great that you documented all these fun things about him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Ok, I see those hats on Crazy Hat day. Where do you get them from? I need one. Let me know if you could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are such perfect pictures of him. He is such a cutie! What will you do with no one home with you during the day ????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy birthday Matthew dear! We shall all have many funny memories of your alternate universe when you become a general authority.

    ReplyDelete