Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Carving (By Ashley)

Ashley takes the microphone! Anyway, we finally carved our jack-o-lanterns for Halloween

First of all, this one is Courtney's. She carved a bat, moon, and a star. Pretty cool if you ask me. She was obsessed with cleaning out the inside! She scraped at least a pound of goop from that pumpkin until it was so thin that Mom had to stop her before her pumpkin collapsed!







Now, here's Logan's. I'm not quite sure what it is, but he's very... possesive of it, carving his initials into it to drive in the point.




















Here's "Matthew's" pumpkin. Mom practically did the entire thing except for Matthew "helped" by pulling the seeds from the inside of the pumpkin and then dropping them back in.





















Now, the best for last... Drumroll please! Mine! This is the "Gaping Black Hole of Death Pumpkin." I didn't know what I was going to do for mine, so I drew a palm tree on it. It didn't turn out very well. Then I tried to make a swirl. It didn't work out either. So I started carving a peace sign. It broke, so I turned it into a circle. Then I expanded on that by making lots of holes.

4 comments:

  1. yay! we finally have the internet now. It was fun to catch up on you guys. Glad we got to get some of the cookies before we left... we'll have to time it right and be in Vegas when you make them next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! We love the pumpkins! You are all very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gaping black hole of death pumpkin is somethin' else! Wowsers! Thanks for posting the yummy pumpkin cookie recipe!

    ReplyDelete