Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine's Day Anticipation

So after almost 15 years, the pre-valentines day conversation goes something like this:

Me, calling Tom at work today: "Is there anything specific you'd like for valentines day?"
Tom: "No, not really. . . (pause) I have something I'll probably get myself though."
Me: "What? You are your own valentine now?"
Tom: "flippers for my float tube (fishing stuff). . . you haven't told me if there's anything you want yet."
Me: "Nothing really, well I did get some jeans when I was in St. George last weekend. I'm wearing them today though, does that count?"

Really romantic, huh? Well our gift giving isn't so much, but life IS good as Tom's wife. It gets better every year.

4 comments:

  1. LOL - sounds a lot like me and Ryan!

    glad things get better as years go by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so familiar.

    Bryn: I was thinking I'd just get you a dishwasher for Valentines, but I didn't want to get in trouble.

    Steph: Well, if we're going to buy it anyway, you might as well count it as my valentine's gift.

    (I can't really blame him for this problem as it's obvious that I go right along with it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told Jake last night that nothing says I love you like a coffee grinder (they had one last night that grinds wheat) (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh and I are pretty non-romantic about larger gifts too (which is honestly the way both of us like it). We get each other small treats and cards, so nothing fancy for us either!

    ReplyDelete