I don't know why I feel like I need to get the holidays covered before moving on but here goes.
We saw advertising for a New Years Eve "family friendly" concert in Orem that was featuring David Archuletta & Ashley Tisdale. I thought Ashley and Courtney would really like it so we went and when we got there they explained that there was a mix up regarding who was performing and that David & Ashley would not be at that concert but at the dance party/concert right after it. We weren't excited about staying out that late or buying additional tickets or dancing with college age kids so we missed out on the "big" names. However, we did bring in the New Year to the tunes of "the Osmonds 2nd Generation" & "Rockapella" :)
It was actually fun and my Mom/Grandma Larsen came with us.

When we got home everyone had already started into a game of Kings & Serfs. It's played with Rook cards. I think it started as an Edington game, but the Larsen family now plays it on New Years. Whoever looses the round is the "Baby Peony" and they have to do whatever the winner, the "King" tells them too.

Here's my Dad after he lost. He had to serenade my Mom with a song (something by Neil Diamond I think) and dance with her.
We saw advertising for a New Years Eve "family friendly" concert in Orem that was featuring David Archuletta & Ashley Tisdale. I thought Ashley and Courtney would really like it so we went and when we got there they explained that there was a mix up regarding who was performing and that David & Ashley would not be at that concert but at the dance party/concert right after it. We weren't excited about staying out that late or buying additional tickets or dancing with college age kids so we missed out on the "big" names. However, we did bring in the New Year to the tunes of "the Osmonds 2nd Generation" & "Rockapella" :)
It was actually fun and my Mom/Grandma Larsen came with us.
When we got home everyone had already started into a game of Kings & Serfs. It's played with Rook cards. I think it started as an Edington game, but the Larsen family now plays it on New Years. Whoever looses the round is the "Baby Peony" and they have to do whatever the winner, the "King" tells them too.
Here's my Dad after he lost. He had to serenade my Mom with a song (something by Neil Diamond I think) and dance with her.
Some of the other peonies had to drink goats milk, do the running man while singing 2legit2quit, & eat mystery concoctions from the kitchen. I don't remember what else this year. At least no one was washing their hands in the toliet bowl or having to lick a carbon-mon-icicle from the fender of a car like they have in years past.

I love that action shot of your parents. Sounds like New Year's was lots of fun!
ReplyDeletewhat a great New Year's celebration. Kristen mentioned the action shot - i love those - love the expression on your dad's face.
ReplyDeletethat stinks that the kids didn't get to see the concert advertised.
That sounds like you had a really good New Years. Sorry to hear about the concert. I've never played that game but it sounds really fun.
ReplyDelete