Sunday, February 15, 2009

25 Random Things

This was a facebook tag where I was supposed to list 25 random things about myself (way more info then you'd ever want to know I'm sure) and I'm going to copy Robin and use it here too. Like she said, "killing two birds with one stone. . . "

Here goes:

1. I’m OK with not being 29 forever. I really like my 30’s, but 33 is about where I’d like to stay. . . ooops, too late.

2. My husband and I were “engaged” at least 3 times. Good thing the last one took. Good thing he was patient.

3. I really don’t like putting up Christmas decorations. It’s just not fun to me. I really like them once they are up, the boxes are put away & the house is vacuumed again though.

4. Just for fun, I keep a mental list of the top ten words/phrases I’ve heard said over the pulpit at church that you should never hear over the pulpit. There are always new ones squeezing out the old. They are probably not as bad as the worst you are imagining, but worse than the best. Make sense?

5. I am an official Creating Keepsakes Magazine Scrapbook Hall of Fame-r. Yes, there really is such a thing, believe it or not. Although, it was a long time ago & my “tenure” and desire to scrapbook much have both expired. It would stay my little known secret but my friend Leslie brings it up every time I’m meeting new people and she’s there. Thanks Leslie :)

6. Frosting cakes brings out the worst in my temper. I have visions of serving beautiful, delicious cakes on cute cake-stands but I can never get them to look good. I’m ready to throw everything in the sink before I’m done. I haven’t yet, but I have to remind myself, it’s not a good example for the kids.

7. I started running/jogging 2 ½ years ago. I hated it. Don’t know why I kept it up, well, except for the my commitment to do a 5K with Courtney, my daughter, the early morning sunrises and I felt really good. . . afterwards. I’m so glad I stuck with it. I enjoy it quite a bit now. My goal is not to miss at least 30 minutes 3x’s a week until I’m 40 and then choose a new goal.

8. I seem to have bad luck with major purchases. No matter how much research & agonizing about making a good decision, it usually doesn’t seem to work out just right. Maybe my expectations are too high.

9. I’m going to miss my youngest when he starts kindergarten next year.

10. I wish I were more outgoing. I tend to be quiet-ish because I’m afraid if I say something, it’ll be something stupid. (most of the time it is :)

11. I majored in elementary education & student taught 5th grade, but never taught my own class. Ashley was born before I had a chance to do that.

12. Most of my jobs have been in food services—hostess, catering, waitress, cook, bakery sales person, even dishwasher. I’ve also worked as a file clerk, typist, in day-care & scrapbook teacher/designer. (The last one is the only one I’ve done since having kids)

13. I cannot sing. I can’t tell if I’m singing the right tune or not & I have no control regarding the sound that comes out of my mouth, except for volume of course.

14. Someday I’d like to serve a mission for my church with Tom. Somewhere adventurous maybe,like Africa.

15. I get nervous sending emails to my kids teachers. Lots of stress about grammar, spelling and punctuation.

16. I hope to hike the Narrows at Zion this summer/fall with Tom.

17. I love cold weather for early morning runs, the rest of the day, not so much.

18. Why am I doing this instead of sleeping?

19. Which reminds me, I like to sleep, & to sleep in. I’ve almost trained the boys to play without fighting too loudly & without tattling on most Sunday mornings so I can do that.

20. I’m already to the point that I can’t help my oldest with her math homework. And she’s helping me with computer programs.

21. I’ve lived in Las Vegas longer than I’ve lived anywhere else. Who would have thought Vegas would become home?

22. Asking my family about ideas for this list is NOT helping. It’s called 25 random things, not 25 most embarrassing moments.

22. I’m not an animal/pet person.

23. I’m still not over CafĂ© Rio.

25. I always thought baking and cooking would be more enjoyable without a small child wrapped around my leg crying & I was right. It’s much more fun doing it with their help or even if they are just sitting on the counter watching and sneaking tastes.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this list! You are so silly to be afraid to talk--you are so smart and funny (after all, you are a Hall of Famer as I also mention to people:). I admire your adventurous spirit--I have NO desire to hike Zion's Narrows or ever go out of the country again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, also, I want you to send me that 25 embarrassing moments list if you ever make it. :) Hee, hee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you fessed up to the Hall of Fame thing. You are awesome. It's fun reading about you. Keep me posted about the Narrows hike. I definitely miss living so close to Zion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey this was fun to read!! I feel like I know alot more about you now :-) hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete