Tom's mom has MANY great talents. We are the weekly beneficiaries of her good cooking skills, she's a great hostess, she's thoughtful, creative, knows exactly how to keep cub-scouts happy and entertained, she has a fun sense of humor & more.
She is also an excellent crafter. And lucky for us she shares this talent every year. The Edington women get together the Monday following Thanksgiving for "Baking Day." We dip anything we can in chocolate and Susan is busy at the stove making Carmel Corn, candied nuts, almond rocca, etc. Then we share the fruits of our labors with friends if we don't eat it first. At the end of baking day she gives all of us an original handmade Christmas decoration. I imagine this represents hours and hours of work. We love them and the kids are now try to guess what she will come up next. The snowman is from this year.
Here's the shelf where they are displayed all together. See what I mean by hours and hours of work? They are all so wimiscal and fun!She is also an excellent crafter. And lucky for us she shares this talent every year. The Edington women get together the Monday following Thanksgiving for "Baking Day." We dip anything we can in chocolate and Susan is busy at the stove making Carmel Corn, candied nuts, almond rocca, etc. Then we share the fruits of our labors with friends if we don't eat it first. At the end of baking day she gives all of us an original handmade Christmas decoration. I imagine this represents hours and hours of work. We love them and the kids are now try to guess what she will come up next. The snowman is from this year.

I love our snowmen!!!! She is very crafty. I wish I could make things like she does. Hopefully through out the years I'll get a collection like yours.
ReplyDeleteI love that you have them all grouped together. They look really great like that!
ReplyDelete