Mid-day Wednesday a few flakes started coming down with rain. When the rain quit the kids hurried outside to enjoy what we thought would be an hour or two of snow.

But it kept going until late into the evening. We were astonished when we went to pick up Ashley from school. It looked like we were living in another state with snow on all the trees and houses. I couldn't get up the driveway to our house after taking Ashley to her violin lessons. The big push broom worked to clear the driveway. It didn't take long to fill up again. It's just so weird here.A snow day was called for Thursday (I guess it's been about 30 years since the last one here). Logan & Courtney are on track break anyway, but we were excited Ashley would get the day off too.
The kids played outside literally ALL day Thursday as the snow slowly melted. It was great for packing into snowmen & snowforts. They just came in from time to time to thaw out their feet and get dry clothes. Courney and Logan changed from head to toe at least 3 times because they we soaked. We don't have any real snow gear here in Vegas. Ashley didn't even have a real coat until late last night. There's still snow left in the backyard this morning, but it was back to school for Ashley. One more day, then Christmas break!

Looks like fun! I want a snow day! I can't believe you couldn't drive up your driveway, that's crazy! Send some our way :)
ReplyDeleteHow fun! We got snow here in TX a week and a half ago. That never happens in Beaumont either. I was more excited than the girls. It was a nice surprise. We don't have snow clothes either :).
ReplyDeleteWow! It looks like the kids had a ball with the snow there! What a great 'treat' for Christmastime in LV!
ReplyDeleteYour snowman looked great!
ReplyDelete