Saturday, December 6, 2008

Viva Las Vegas Santa Run!

My sister's Carrie & Alison came to Las Vegas this weekend to participate in the Santa Run. Last year I saw the advertising for it and decided it was definately something I wanted to do someday, just to experience running with 8,000+ people all dressed in Santa Suits in downtown Las Vegas. I'm glad my sisters were excited to join me! Even Tom decided at the last minute that he wanted to partipate. The purpose of the race was to both raise money for Opportunity Village and set the World Record for the most Santa's gathered in one place.

Tom & I
It's slightly disturbing to see both halves of a couple with so much facial hair.

Not only were there 8,000 Santa's but Sigfried and Roy were there, along with our mayor Oscar Goodman & John Ensign, a Nevada Senator. This photo is Sigfried and Roy. Sigfried talks like Arnold Swartzengaer (I know that's spelled wrong) and poor Roy talks like someone whose juglar was attacked by a tiger.





Here's a few of the Santa's. There were Santa's on skates, lots of Santa's with afros, Santa's that unfortunately were drinking at 9:30am, Santa's with dogs who were fighting with other dogs, half batman-half Santa's, baby Santas, everything you could think of. I was hoping for a spectacle and wasn't disappointed :)

For Sarah & Barb: Here's my new BFF. :) He may not be the Senate Majority leader, but he IS the happiest mayor on earth. We high-fived at the Santa Run. Actually, I went for a high-five but he grabbed my hand and squeezed it, so does that count? (Why were people were quick to tell me to wash my hands?)

Who is gonna be first to meet Obama? Game on! :)






Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Wow. That's all I can say. Wow! I am speechless, but not laughless... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting for these pictures with great anticipation and they certainly did not disappoint! I don't think that Amy will EVER be asked to be the Santa for a ward program:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all look so jolly...but what I really wanna know is did those suits chafe? Did you loose the hat when running?

    Word, if you throw down a challenge...I'm gonna meet it...Look out Obama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No chafing. It was just kinda hot. I couldn't keep the beard on my face though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are the funniest pictures I have seen! I heard Tom talking about it but I didn't realize that you were running too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We missed it !!!! I'm so sad. We went last year and had a great time. Isn't it amazing the amount of Santas? Its a great time. I'm glad you got to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so fun! Congratuations to you all, and I think you're right, it is a bit disturbing to see BOTH you and Tom with facial hair. Very fun and funny post. Thanks for the grins. And can I say... only in Las Vegas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firstly, let me just say YOU. CRACK. ME. UP. Okay, so now let me say I love that you and Tom did this together and I'm glad your sisters could come too. As for the Obama challenge, I say BRING IT! And yes, Goodman does count as a quasi-celebrity.

    ReplyDelete