Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Recap (better late than never)

I'm pretty behind and a little overwhelmed with the number of photos I've taken during December so instead of trying to tell about everything I'll just give a quick recap of Christmas.

This is Mark's (Tom's brother) anual Christmas Party/Dinner/White Elephant exchange. He made amazing enchilladas (I tried to make some this week and they didn't come close to comparing with his). We had fun with the Marshmellow Shooting Bow (one of the White Elephants). I think the directions warned about not shooting them into people's mouths but what's the fun in that.


Santa dropped off a few things to our house a few days early since we wouldn't be able to fit it in the van on our drive home from Utah. He came while we were at church. Matthew really enjoys posing for pictures these days.
On Christmas Eve & Day we were at my parents house (the Larsen's) in Utah. Christmas we had dinner and I was able to see some cousins, aunts and an uncle that we don't get to see very often so that was really fun. The kids did the nativity play too (thanks Brett & Sean for being willing to be the donkey & wiseman). Christmas morning we had to wake the kids up. Most of the adults we up and it was almost 9am. a few hours were spent playing outside in the snow. There was SO MUCH snow! Brett, Alison & Sean all jumped off the 2nd floor balcony into it. The next snow activity was building a ramp up to the top of my parents back fence and tubing over the fence and into the empty lot behind it. Logan & I spent some time in the afternoon building a helicopter with his new Erector set.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. looks like you guys had a wonderful christmas. the edington clan sure knows how to have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I love the marshmallow shooting bow. I've wanted a marshmallow gun for a long time. I just can't bring myself to pay the price, maybe I should do a homemade bow instead. It was so fun to see you guys at the holidays. It's always such a treat to get to spend time with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to see what you've been up to. I can't believe you had to wake your kids up! Glad you had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got to love kids that sleep in on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete