Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Something I'll miss about these boys

Usually on at least one of the weekend mornings Tom and I get to sleep in (til 8ish). The boys are pretty early risers though. Most always getting up before 7. It makes them crazy having to wait for Dad to get up and play. We've told them not to wake us up--to go play instead. They are always sitting in the doorway or on the floor laying or crawling around the bed sometimes running off to play for a minute but quickly coming back to check on our status. They are not very quiet and frequently are asking if it's almost time for us to get up yet. Last week I heard Matthew on the floor whispering to Logan, "I just heard Dad move!" After that I opened my eyes and saw a pint size Ninja and Darth Vader in full costume--lightsaber and sword pointed at us--standing on the foot of the bed. At that point it's my cue to leave and the boys launch a full scale attack on Tom. That's pretty much the routine (last week was the first time they dressed up though). I wish I would have grabbed the camera--maybe next time. It drives me crazy when I'm not wanting to get up yet but I know it won't be long before they've outgrown being completely giddy to play with their Dad or they're sleeping in too and I know we'll miss them!
(This photo is also by Chris Jenkins)Posted by Picasa

2 comments: